Spell Well Senior Infants
Bar Code: 9780714423753
Product Code: 23753
Published Date: 2017
The Spell Well series has a structured, multi-sensory approach to the teaching and learning of spelling. Pupils are encouraged to use the Look, Say, Shape, Cover, Write, Check strategy to aid their learning of spelling.
It contains seven books from Senior Infants to Sixth Class.
Spelling rules are an integral part of this programme. These rules aid the children in the development of their alphabetic and orthographic knowledge.
The key elements of Spell Well are as follows:
- Words are sorted into daily blocks, chosen for their suitability and relevance in the modern Irish context.
- A cover flap is used to encourage the Look, Say, Shape, Cover, Write, Check strategy.
- There are revision chapters throughout to consolidate learned spellings.
- Students are encouraged to choose two special spellings each week. (Senior Infants to Second Class).
- Students are encouraged to choose their own special word each day (Third Class to Sixth Class).
- A section at the back that facilitates 'end of week' tests.
- A progress chart to monitor development