New Wave Mental Maths Senior Infants
Bar Code: 9781846547799
Product Code: 1700IR
Published Date: 2017
New Wave Mental Maths is a series of seven pupil workbooks from Senior Infants to 6th Class, written to provide comprehensive coverage of mental maths concepts required by the mathematics curriculum. Each book contains a 40-week mental maths and problem-solving programme designed to develop, strengthen and consolidate pupils' mathematical skills and concepts.
- 'PROBLEM-SOLVING' column in each week's unit of work
- Problem-solving questions drawn from a mixture of strands and strand units, incorporating real-life maths contexts and situations.
- Modern and contemporary layout using subtle colours, which is not distracting or overwhelming for the pupil.
- Series extended into Senior Infants, with a NEW book containing daily mental maths for the full school year.
The 1st to 6th Class books feature:
- a structured daily mental maths programme for the whole school year;
- coverage of all strand and strand objectives applicable to mental maths;
- carefully worded problem-solving questions positioned in their own column;
- pictorial and written representations of problems in both the problem-solving and daily columns;
- comprehensive coverage and consolidation of mental mathematics concepts;
- practice in speed of recall;
- sequential development of mathematical concepts and vocabulary; and
- opportunities for weekly assessment and monitoring of pupil progress with the 'FRIDAY REVIEW'.
Comprehensive Teachers Guide available